The iconic Cascade Brewery has been crafting beer since 1832, it is the oldest continually operating Brewery in Australia. We are now looking for an experienced Venue Manager to lead across operations and customer experience.
Conveniently located across the road from the iconic Cascade Brewery in South Hobart, you will lead the team to create an exceptional customer experience. This will allow us to re-enforce the true heritage of our brands.
The Cascade Brewhouse provide a comfortable and relaxed indoor beer garden dining experience, and it is also the start and finish to our Cascade Brewery Tours.
Beer is the foundation of social networks and we can achieve more by bringing more people together, more often. To do this you and the Cascade crew with need to understand and strategise on how we can continue to facilitate bringing people together.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Take pride in understanding the latest concepts and trend in hospitality to ensure we continue to stay relevant
- Develop and own processes for operations for the venue
- Lead the Duty Manager and casual Draught crew in day to day operations
- People, performance & training
- Financial P&L Management
- Policy & Compliance
- Ensure compliance to brand & corporate guidelines as per CUB processes
With multiple direct reports and a flurry of Cascade Crew you to truly hone in on your leadership qualities. You will be responsible for their professional development with the support of the Brewhouse HR advisor.
- Strong hospitality background and be able to understand and execute the successful inner workings of a venue
- Previous venue management experience is necessary
- Strong financial acumen as well as knowledge around regulatory and compliance issues within the hospitality industry
At The Cascade Brewhouse we are a team of owners – who work together in collaboration to achieve our shared dream of bringing people together. We take pride in what we do and in turn delivering an exceptional experience. With the support of CUB behind you we are looking for someone who will agitate, has exceptional networking skills and the ability to influence internal stakeholders in order to deliver a true success story.
Brewing exceptional beers and ciders and creating meaningful experiences if what inspires us.
Our crew are curious, bold and resilient. Empowered to lead real change, deliver results and grow our venue.
Through hard work and the strength of our team, we can achieve anything.
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) is one of Australia's most iconic companies. We locally brew some of Australia's most famous beers, as well as distribute some of the world's leading international brands including Corona, Stella Artois and Budweiser.
What we offer
As a member of the CUB team you'll also be eligible for generous benefits, including lifestyle leave and health insurance discounts. Yes, the rumours are true… We get free beer (and consume it responsibly)!
Be a part of the Australia’s biggest brewer where opportunity awaits, and apply now! Applications close midnight Friday 10 July 2020.